I have a special treat for you today. Instead of a photograph I’ve taken, I have a super awesome music video by Starnes & Shah. They are a band made up of two fabulous women, Dania Abu-Shaheen and Zilpha Starnes. Dania is from Lebanon and Zilpha is from Texas. Together, they are insane!! I’m a little biased, I’ve met them in person several times and if I love hearing them live. Looking for plans tonight? You’re in luck, they are playing at the Knitting Factory! Doors open at 6:30,
show starts at 7, they go on at 9pm, and tickets are $8 in advance and $12 at the door.
Video directed by Samantha Stark
And now for my favorite links this week:
- A new NYC map
- Origami portraits, a little creepy and tons of fun
- Free WiFi at 6 subway platforms in NYC
- Enter the NYC Subway Show
- A video – free smiles!
- Affordable, colorful bikes on sale at FAB
Some Life in Sketch highlights for you:
- My visit to Photoville
- Fourth of July ideas on Pinterest
- Tracy Metro’s Retro Metro Boat
- Video: How to Break a Habit