What a fantastic week! Wednesday I was able to attend the Holiday House event, supporting the Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation. The event was done wonderfully, with beautifully designed rooms and delicious passed hors d’oeuvres (including cake pops!). The showhouse is huge! It was four floors high, almost a city block deep with several rooms. I’ll get into more detail about the breathtaking rooms on Monday, but I wanted to give you a sneak peak. If you follow me on instagram (@lifeinsketch), you’ve seen a few pictures, but these will be new to you.
The designers, from top left to bottom right: A glimpse into Tobi Fairley’s room, a room that was more of an experience by Geoffrey Bradfield, a shotgun over a fireplace by Ally Coulter, and a vignette in Janet Rice’s 2nd floor area.
My favorite links this week:
- Marissa Mayer acquires Stamped for Yahoo, via Mashable
- What do you think of SOM’s idea to modernize Grand Central Station? via Dezeen
- An inspiring school in Finland, via New York Magazine
- Why is election day on a Tuesday? Learn the history, via Good
- The Scream is on display at the MoMa! via NYPost
- A Halloween countdown calendar, via HGTV
Life in Sketch highlights this week:
- My visit to Color Invasion!
- I created a mood board for Life in Sketch
- An artist highlight: Dipti Mulani
- This week’s Design Spotlights: Halloween Decor!
- Check out my guest post on Pebble Grey, about my love of bathrooms.