October is New York is a fun month. We’ve been having great weather and there have been several design events happening as well. There have been so many events it’s been hard to attend them all. Yesterday I had the opportunity to stop by the tabletop show hosted by Luxe Magazine at Forty One Madison. It was great to see the trends happening in table top and the new products being offered. I had a great time walking around the Lenox floor. I had always thought of Lenox as traditional, something my mother used. But after seeing the new designs created by Kate Spade, Aerin, DKNY, Donna Karan and more, I’ve changed my mind. I want it all! Here’s a bit of what I saw.
Next week I’ll be at High Point Market in High Point, North Carolina. I’ll be visiting Hooker Furniture, Klaussner and more. I’ll be blogging throughout the week but you can catch me in real time on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Here are some links I loved this week:
- A sale at Kate Spade Saturday today! Use code: FALL13FF
- Interesting: browse the internet like Jay Z on HovaState
- I want this Geometric Pattern Book
- Also interesting: Headphones Project
- Self driving taxis in New York? NO THANKS! via DesignMom
A few Life in Sketch highlights:
- Design Crush: Gaijin restaurant in Helsinki
- Book Review: Beyond Chic: Great Fashion Designers at Home
- Loving IKEA Metod kitchens
- Design Spotlights: Nate Berkus for Target