I mentioned earlier this week that while I was at Alt Summit I had a chance to visit Park City too. Although I was only there for a day I had a fantastic time. Friends were in town for Sundance so we got to spend the day walking through the town, eating and drinking and we even caught a film. (Last Days in Vietnam, when you have a chance you MUST see it. It was so moving that I’m still thinking about it!) I love ski towns, they are often filled with small boutiques, adorable shops, delicious restaurants and breathtaking views. Lucky for me I got to experience it all. Here are a few Snapshots of Park City, Utah.
What I loved:
- Transportation in Park City is FREE and really easy. Almost everything is accessible by bus, so it was easy to get from place to place. We also walked a lot, you know us New Yorkers.
- I fell in love with AirBnb Haus, which I shared with you via instagram. We were able to hang out and chat and sip on some free Four Barrel coffee. I’m going to share more here on Life in Sketch with you soon, because it was so well designed!
- We had lunch at the High West Distillery and Saloon. The cocktails are well designed, the mac and cheese is so so good and the chips that come with the sandwiches have some ridiculously good spices on them. I don’t know what they did to those chips but I could eat them all day long.
- No Name Saloon: Seems like a strange name but it’s a fun place. We warmed up from the cold in front of a wood burning fireplace. And the staff was placing wood in there with their bare hands. Brave.
- The Sundance app is amazing! We had a great time waitlisting ourselves for movies. I know that sounds nerdy but it really was fun! It’s easy to use and shows you what your waitlist number is as well as your chances of getting in. If you’re attending Sundance next year this is a must have.
- We caught our film at the Yarrow, which was super cozy and had free hot cider which was so delic. Awesome.
If I attend Alt Summit next year I’m definitely going to plan to have more time, either before or after the conference. I’d love to spend more than a day in Park City and definitely need to see more films. What a great experience! Have you been to Park City or Sundance? Are you planning to go next year?