To Do in NYC: Charles James at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
If you have nothing to do this weekend I suggest you take a few hours and visit the Met. The museum is hosting an exhibition of the Anglo-American couturier Charles James and his gorgeous work. I won’t be going this week but I’m hoping to see it during Museum Mile, next week on Tuesday evening. I’m excited to James’s work, learn about his process and about his mathematical approach to designing couture ball gowns! The exhibit is open through August 10th so you have a bit of time to get over there. But I’ve been hearing so much about it I can’t put it off any longer! What do you have planned this weekend?
Links I loved:
- How to mix modern style with classic pieces via Apartment34
- A little crazy – riders on the 7 train were trapped in a smoke filled car! via NY Mag
- Anthony Bourdain’s travel advice, via Design Mom
- I LOVE Tattly’s office AND DesignSponge’s 10 Second Video Tour. via DesignSponge
- Can someone please make these fruity summer cupcakes for me? Thanks. via Oh Joy!
- Super cool Swarovsky + Rem Koolhaas light installation, via Mocoloco
Life in Sketch highlights:
- Design Crush: A Contemporary Home in Stockholm
- We’re hiring! We’re looking for the perfect summer intern right here in NYC
- 10 Stylish Sofas Under $1000
- Don’t forget about Father’s Day – a hip gift guide for Dad.
The Farrow & Ball Lounge at NYFW: #FarrowMeetsFashion!September 16th, 2014
Sneak Peek: The Farrow & Ball Lounge at NYFWSeptember 12th, 2014
Summer in New York: Top Independent BookstoresAugust 26th, 2014
Summer in New York: Shows + Events under $50August 12th, 2014
Summer in New York: Restaurants with Outdoor SeatingJuly 29th, 2014